Re: [AD] WIP 3.9.34 ISSUES

> 1) set_volume(): Doesn't appear to work (doesn't change volume) for
> digital samples, under Windows. It works just fine using DJGPP. MIDI
> volume is also adjusted find under both DOS and Windows.

It seems there are still some problems with the Windows sound code.
Peter, could you note it ?

> 2) GFX_DIRECTX_WIN: If I drag the window quickly, it leaves artifacts on
> the screen or in the window's borders and title bar.

Do you use the 3.9.34 WIP release or a 3.9.34 CVS snapshot ?
The artifacts are due to the somewhat unsafe (but fast) mechanism doing
color conversion.
Which color depth do you use in your program ? Which color depth does your
Windows desktop run in ?

> 3)Fullscreen (GFX_DIRECTX?): ALT-TABing out of my application will
> sometimes cause artifacts to be left on my Windows desktop (miniature,
> badly coloured versions of my mountain graphics in one case ;) ). I
> understand that TABing back in can cause problems because of graphics
> memory not being properly restored, but I didn't think it went the other
way.

Ok.

--
Eric Botcazou