Re: [AD] broken dat and grabber?

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:07:21AM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> Anyway, now that we've figured out the problem, what to do about it?
> Certainly submit a bug report, but 2.95.x is becoming standard in
> newer distributions.  Should `configure' test for something and
> disable the `-funroll-loops' option for `blit.c' only?

Ideally we should compile to assembler, trying with and without
-funroll-loops, and see if there really is a gcc bug or whether
it's our fault for writing unsafe code. :)  I'm sure the gcc
people would be happier if we could point them to the
instructions and circumstances which behave wrongly (they're
probably pretty busy).

George

--
Random project update:
09/05/2000: Libnet 0.10.8 uploaded -- a few bugfixes