Re: [AD] broken dat and grabber?

Tom Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the docs for the kernel it says that using 2.95.2 or later
> is "unsafe". The kernel will compile though.

They are being cautious.  The kernel has all sorts of weird hacks
for older gcc versions, but probably not for newer ones.  I read a
post somewhere saying they wanted people to give 2.95.2 a try
(probably so they can put in those weird hacks :-)

Anyway, now that we've figured out the problem, what to do about it?
Certainly submit a bug report, but 2.95.x is becoming standard in
newer distributions.  Should `configure' test for something and
disable the `-funroll-loops' option for `blit.c' only?

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
To get something done, a committee should consist of no more than