Re: [AD] updated todo list and more

> I've merged new entries from that into my file here:
>
>     http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/allegro-todo.txt
>
> We can move my file into CVS if you think it would be better.

Great! It seems you cut & pasted what we all said on this mailing list
lately... Nice idea. Some thought before you put it up on CVS:

- the caching system for datafiles entry is by Shawn H. and not by me, as it
was originally in the old todo.txt file
- under the beos section, remove the zbuffering fix and 3d fix entries, and
put an unique entry named "investigate in quad3d_f problems". I've found the
BeAllegro polygons visualization problem is there (the fixed point version
works perfectly), and I suspect it's another strange problem related to Be
gcc version, as it was for the MIDI driver; infact the same code works nicely
under Linux...

Ok, after these changes the new todo.txt file can be uploaded for me.
As we're talking about future library improvements, I also suggest to add
some new functions to the gfx driver structure:

1) A function to get a list of supported video modes (Emmanuel Anne suggested
this a while ago, and I find it a very useful addition) for the driver. If
driver is windowed, the function pointer in the gfx driver structure could be
NULL, telling Allegro the driver is infact windowed and thus it handles any
resolution. Then we'd need a core function that receives the driver id as
parameter and returns a pointer to an array of available video modes
structures; this function could also handle special driver ids like
GFX_AUTODETECT. In this case it could scan all the platform gfx drivers and
build a big video modes list.

2) A hook function to handle window resizing and another one to handle window
closing. Both pointers should be NULL if the driver is not windowed of course.
We could then create a general Allegro API function like "set_window_hook" to
set callbacks for these events. I think the window close hook should be also
set by default to a routine that shuts down Allegro like when you press
CTRL-ALT-END.

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. Cya!

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx