Re: [AD] updated todo list and more

>Instead, I would like to propose another thing: the setup program could
>have a "try all possible resolutions" button which would generate a
>supported video modes list in the appropiate specific or global
>allegro.cfg file for the user. Even with this, you are still not getting
>all possible combinations (I know people requesting things like 700x500
>even when they know it's only possible in a windowed mode), but possibly
>quite close.

Sounds pretty good. Each graphics driver then has a hook; something
like:

int is_valid_mode(int w, int h, int bpp);

If it is a fullscreen driver, it reads from the database you just
mentioned; if it is a windowed driver, it returns OK if w and h are less
than the actual dimensions of the desktop.

>> [window resizing]
>
>How could a game handle this? Usually most of them set their graphic
>routines to work with a fixed screen size. Would Allegro rescale the
>screen automatically? What practical use does this have?

Presumably, this would be turned off by default, and only enabled at the
application's request. The practical use of this would be utilities that
can use multiple different screen sizes (text editors, etc).

>PD: Is it me, or am I terribly negative? Damned christmas... :)

Bah! Humbug! for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/