Re: [AD] This time GFX_SAFE for real

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Peter Wang wrote:
> BTW, you've just maxed out your credit lines in thanks._tx :-)

Too many little things which look bulky when described :-)

> > If nobody argues against this change, I will continue to retouch Allegro's
> > examples and programs using GFX_SAFE to work on any color depth, because
> > most of them make the assumption that 8 bpp will be set.
>
> You'd better hurry, before people complain the CVS version is broken :-)

Aha, here goes. This patch modifies most examples to make them work with
the new GFX_SAFE fb behaviour. The nice thing about it is that users on
other platforms should see _no_ visible change in their behaviour. I
repeat: if somebody sees something changed, that is a bug I introduced and
should be fixed.

Most examples which depend on a fixed resolution or color depth (ie:
expal) use now GFX_AUTODETECT. I will see if I can change this somehow
without overcomplicating the examples' code. Also, exjoy and one or
another examples remain unchanged because I still haven't come to them (I
don't have a joystick right now).

> > That was my suggestion. It would be good if we could agree on a
> > "what-does-this-driver-have-to-do" document.
>
> - sets most convenient (read: any) resolution
> - sets most convenient (read: any) color depth
> - if in a windowing system, use a window

Yes, but what should happen with that window? GDI under windows, or maybe
should try first overlay driver? Should it set 8bpp or the desktop color
depth?

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/