Re: [AD] BeOS virtual resolution fix

> > Ok, I've posted a patch to Sourceforge that adds a better virtual
> > resolutions handling for the BeOS fullscreen driver.
>
> I've applied it.

Thanks!

> > This patch ensures the virtual height doesn't get bigger than 32767, so
> > it makes the driver to work.
>
> Maybe it would be good if when this limit is reached the screen
> expands horizontally instead.  The 32767 limit isn't a problem;
> Allegro's drawing functions will start to fail if you use large
> coordinates anyway. :)

Humm, I already had this idea, but I didn't implement it because as you say
there could be problems if the framebuffer width isn't within particular
ranges. So if you specify 0 as virtual width, by default it is set to the
physical width to avoid problems.

> Weird.  Don't worry about it. :)  Maybe it's so that the
> scrolling test doesn't use an insanely large screen.

Humm, ok, though I'd like to see a bigger framebuffer set by default. Virtual
1024x1024 is a bit small even in 640x480 mode... What about changing test.c
to use say, 2048x2048?

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx