Re: [AD] Patch for polygon3d() and related examples/tests

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:56:32AM -0000, Ben Davis wrote:
> I hope the change in the behaviour of u and v doesn't offend anyone - if it
> does, maybe we can have some sort of vote. If no-one objects, can someone
> commit the patch please?

It's got to be the most controversial part of the patch. :)

I agree with your new system more than the old one; I'd rather
write code to use the new system (not that I ever think I'll use
Allegro's 3D routines...).  The new system is also more in-line
with the way OpenGL does it -- in OpenGL you pass floating point
numbers (usually) with 0 mapping to the top/left of the top/left
pixel and 1 mapping to the bottom/right of the bottom/right
pixel of the texture.  Compared to your system, this is simply a
division by the height/width of the texture.

The only thing which makes me hesitate to apply the patch is
that it might impact people's existing code, but IMHO those
people are probably unaware of the current system and think that
it already *is* working the new way. :)

George

--
Random project update: