[AD] Problems using latest debug version

Hi.

I was doing some fb surgery for Allegro, and of course I reached the point
where whatever I run crashes horribly. To my surprise, I am unable to link
any program against any debug version of Allegro (static or shared).

I tried to get a fresh cvs deleting most files, and recompiled with the
following commandline:

./configure --enable-static --enable-dbglib --enable-dbgprog --disable-ggi
            --disable-vga --disable-vbeaf --disable-svgalib

However, just like with my personal experiments, whenever I reach the
normal program link stage, I get a few undefined references:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Iinclude -Iinclude/allegro -I./include -I./include/allegro -I.  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -g -Wall -DDEBUGMODE
-c ./demo/demo.c -o obj/unix/demo.o
gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -o demo/demo obj/unix/demo.o -Llib/unix -lalld-3.9.34 -lalld_unsharable -lm -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11 -lasound
lib/unix/liballd-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `_read_vga_register'
lib/unix/liballd-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `_vsync_out_v'
lib/unix/liballd-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `_write_vga_register'
lib/unix/liballd-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `_vsync_in'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [demo/demo] Error 1

AFAIK those seem to come from src/misc/modex.c, but as the source points
out, that file is only _potentially_ usable under linux. So how did it
manage to get into the library? And why does it not give problems with a
release version of the library?

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/