Re: [AD] Problems using latest debug version

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 08:23:50PM +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> I was doing some fb surgery for Allegro, and of course I reached the point
> where whatever I run crashes horribly. To my surprise, I am unable to link
> any program against any debug version of Allegro (static or shared).
>
> I tried to get a fresh cvs deleting most files, and recompiled with the
> following commandline:
>
> ./configure --enable-static --enable-dbglib --enable-dbgprog --disable-ggi
>             --disable-vga --disable-vbeaf --disable-svgalib

I think maybe the problem is that you disabled the VGA driver
but not the Mode-X driver?  The Mode-X code does depend upon
some VGA stuff that's shared with DOS.  In theory this should
work (the file should be pulled in) but maybe it got disabled
along with the rest of the VGA driver, despite the fact that the
Mode-X driver needs it.  Try reenabling the VGA driver or
disabling the Mode-X driver.

George