Re: [AD] cleaning up....

> Angelo, how are you with that windowed driver?  I remember you said
> you wiped BeOS, but did you keep a copy of the driver around? :-)

Luckly I saved all my work on a separated 1.5 GB BeFS partition on my HD
before blowing BeOS away... Now I've bought a new 10 GB HD just a couple of
days ago, and I've just finished reinstalling everything (Mandrake 7.2 is
cool btw). Today I'll reinstall also BeOS 5 and I'll restart the works on
BeAllegro. I think I'll drop the thread window updating approach, to use the
old "call" method inside the line switcher; this will solve all our problems
on the windowed driver (I hope).
Then BeAllegro will only miss hw acceleration and a working MIDI driver. The
MIDI driver I posted a while ago works nicely, but it seems there are
problems when loading certain MID files... This also happens using the DIGMID
driver under Be, so the problem is not with my driver. But this is bad
because I have to search for the problem elsewhere, and the debugger doesn't
help me as it always looses the calls traceback when crashing.

As we're here talking about todos, I'll add my thoughts:

- Using mouse under console Allegro programs works (tried SVGAlib with every
Allegro Linux mouse driver), but when you come back to X the mouse doesn't
work anymore (gives random input as you move). I have XF86 4.0.1 and Kernel
2.2.17

- It would be cool to have a way to handle the window buttons on windowed
drivers... I mean, just the "close window" button should be enough: many
people use it to kill Allegro X programs, but this way the keyboard has to be
manually reset with "xset r"... What about an handler for this? Window
resizing would be cool, but not as useful in a game.

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx