Re: [AD] File selector bug

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter Wang wrote:
>
> > Well, "twisted" is not the word I would use, more like.. "stretched"
> > :-)  Perhaps it's a little exaggerated in higher resolutions, or
> > maybe it just needs to be stretched horizontally a little as well.
>
> What is the purpose of displaying a window which is for the most part (namely
> 80% in 640x400) empty ?
> IMHO, this isn't very useful ;-)

I originally wanted the dialog to work properly with non-8x8 fonts,
and it seemed easiest to make the dialog as large as possible, while
keeping the same dimensions as before in 320x200 mode.  This had the
benefit of making the dialog not look ridiculously small in higher
resolutions (e.g. a ~320x200 dialog in 1024x768), and not having to
use the scroll bar with large file listings.  Obviously you deal
with smaller file listings than me :-)

> Ultimately, you could add a new configuration option (e.g gui_stretch_dialog) in
> allegro.cfg, in order to let the programmer choose to use or not to use this
> feature.
> What do you think about that ?

I think we have too many options already.  A better option is
probably to change `stretch_dialog' so that it doesn't stretch
excessively much in higher resolutions.  How about up to about 75%
(or some other number) of the height in modes >= 400 vertically?

--
MITTSQUINTER (MIT skwint ur), n.  A ball player who looks into his glove
after missing the ball, as if, somehow, the cause of the error lies there.