Re: [AD] unicode.c patch

> Just to make clear, this patch was about C convention for passing
> short as int, not about portable types.

Thank you!  I don't think this has anything to do with portability.  The
error said that it was going to change the short int to an int anyway,
which like I said sounds more like a warning than an error.  Perhaps the
stable GCC does the same thing, but doesn't say anything about it.  I
don't know.   I suppose we could make some option or something that
enables the patch (--enable-2-96-gcc or something?)?  Or maybe we could
get them to download an executable patch to make compatibility..  :-)

I had no idea this would cause so many posts.  ;-) Another thing--I
can't believe RedHat did that...oo, that rhymes, heh.  Anyways, I don't
think it's going to hurt anything, but who knows?  Has anyone tried the
patch and done some testing with the unicode stuff?

~StoverTech~