Re: [AD] nld_readkey()

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 02:48:44 +0200 "Henrik Stokseth"
<hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> <stickman2000@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Attached are patches to add 'nld_readkey' (Num Lock Dependent
readkey) to
> > Allegro. It is a small function that operates almost exactly like
> > 'readkey', except it will change the scancode, if needed, depending
on
> > the state of num lock.
>
> i fail to see what this is useful for. i consider it bad coding
practise to
> change the actual scancode since it is unique to each key. IMHO
determining
> whether or not num lock is pressed and act on arrow keys from the
numerical
> keyboard, should be up to the programmer himself.

By providing 'nld_readkey' with Allegro, the developer doesn't have to do
much to support keys depending on num lock's state, all they have to do
is call nld_readkey instead of readkey. I find it useful, I think other
developers out there, who use Allegro, would also. Perhaps we could take
a poll?

> > On a side note, is there a set standard for naming diff files and the
> > diff file format (including how the two file names should look)?
>
> there are no standard, however patches to allegro should preferrably be
> context sensitive or  unified.

Would it make the CVS admin's job easier if there was a set standard?

Have a nice day!
Stephen Kittelson
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.