Re: [AD] less shared dependencies

George Foot <gfoot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm assuming that your Allegro programs still work, even when
> you link them dynamically.

They don't link dynamically (see below).  Static is fine.

> You should find that if you rename
> your Allegro shared library, running ldd on those programs gives
> just libc and the (missing) Allegro library.
>
> What does "allegro-config --libs --static" tell you?

  -L/usr/local/lib -lalleg -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lm -lvga -lggi
  -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11 -lesd -lasound

Something that may be something: I passed options to `configure', to
make it build both static and dynamic libraries ("allegro-config
--libs" defaults to static).

> The libraries which are linked to the shared library are exactly
> those appearing after the `-lalleg' in the static libraries output
> by allegro-config.

I know, but they're not.  Here's some linker output:

bash$ gcc -Wall -o t t.c allegro-config --libs --shared
/usr/local/lib/liballeg-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `XFreePixmap'
/usr/local/lib/liballeg-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `ggiFlush'
/usr/local/lib/liballeg-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `XShmDetach'
/usr/local/lib/liballeg-3.9.34.so: undefined reference to `snd_defaults_card'
[...]

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
petribar:  Any sun-bleached prehistoric candy that has been sitting in