Re: [AD] less shared dependencies

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 06:57:22PM +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> George Foot <gfoot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What does "allegro-config --libs --static" tell you?
>
>   -L/usr/local/lib -lalleg -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lm -lvga -lggi
>   -lXxf86dga -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11 -lesd -lasound
>
> Something that may be something: I passed options to `configure', to
> make it build both static and dynamic libraries ("allegro-config
> --libs" defaults to static).

I just did a test, running "./configure --enable-static" to
create both types of library, and everything looks OK.  Could
you search for `liballeg' in your makefile.dep, and check that
where it creates the shared library, there is $(LIBS) on the end
of the gcc command (and maybe check the same further down the
file, for the debugging and profiling libraries).  Also, view
the makefile and search for LIBS -- check the setting is
reasonable.  Since this is what allegro-config told you above,
though, it should be fine.

In the meantime, I'm compiling this new configuration, so I'll
see whether the same problem occurs for me.

George

--
Random project update:
22/06/2000: AllegroGL documentation:  http://allegrogl.sourceforge.net/