Re: [AD] Exalpha looks wrong on SunOS

Sven Sandberg <ssven.geo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Exalpha looks strange on SunOS. I'm using a Sun Ultra 5 with an 8 bit
> desktop, and the program uses 16 bit. I use Allegro 3.9.32. The machine
> uses big endian, and _rgb_r_shift_16=0, _rgb_g_shift_16=5,
> _rgb_b_shift_16=11. The sprite looks ok, but the background looks weird
> (It has four small copies of the mouse at the top, with seemingly random
> palette.

I can't duplicate this with the C drawing code on i386: it looks fine
there, even though the background suffers a bit in detail when shown on
an 8 bpp Xserver :-) I don't see how this can be an endianess problem,
either, as that would just result in some colors being flipped. Yuck...

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."