[AD] An allegro tip

Hello allegro programmers,

I'm a 16 years old spanish programmer with a bad english, so I'll go to
the main idea.

Hey Shawn, you could put in the allegro reference a issue with the
name "Allegro tips" or so, and include tips like this:

With a portable program written to run in DOS or Windows, it's possible
compile the DOS version like this (game.c for example):

gcc game.c -ogamedos.exe -lalleg -O3

And then compile the Windows version like this

cl /O2 game.c alleg.lib /LINK /STUB:gamedos.exe

This will create a executable with the name game.exe that may execute
in DOS or Windows perfectly, and it contents the two versions of the
program.

By this way it may possible create powerful executables that will run
on the two platforms without a problem.

Moreover, the two executables (DOS and Windows) can be compressed with
a utility like UPX or that, and the final executable will have a small
size.

Bye allegro programmers, allegro is the best!

Jacobo Romero
(a crazy programmer)

Consigue tu e-mail gratuito TERRA.COM
 Haz click en http://www.terra.com/mail/