Re: [AD] ASM in wddlock.c

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Isaac Cruz wrote:

> Is there a portable way to call C functions inside an ASM function, so that it
> will compile with both MSVC and Ming?

not that i am aware of. the preferred solution would be to write it in
gnu assembly compile to coff format and link it with wither msvc or mingw.
afaik this is the way it's currently working. this has been discussed
before and i think the best thing would be to convert the bitmap locking
functions to pure external assembly files. (.s) the current code was just
a quick hack to make it all work with mingw. i am not proud of it. :o)

> We could either inline the C funtion in ASM, or forget ASM and write the
> function in C. What do you think?

since bitmap locking occurs quite often it would be best if it was as
optimized as possible. if C code gives a little overhead that's ok, but i
beleive the fastest and most clean approach will be assembly.

> Also, I'm wonder if we couldn't add the function stretch_blit to the vtable, and
> implement it with DirectX in Windows port.

so it gets acellerated? sure that would be cool...

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
"Now, one OS i'd like to see is Sovjetix. Where everyone has the same
permissions. Whoops, that idea was already taken, Windows..." - Eugene Teo.
Email: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx Homepage: http://hstokset.home.dhs.org