Re: [AD] a 'bug' fix

Peter Pavlovic <pavlovic@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Recently I realised that on my computer, the file selector show the drive
> b: which doesn't really exist. After some searching in various sources
> such as the Norton Guides I found that it is a logical drive for the drive
> a: (some materials say it is a 'phantom drive' :-) So I modified the file
> selector (fsel.c) in the DOS section not to show this logical drive,
> because it always reports an error after clicking on it.

It also needs to check for an error on the logical drive query call (carry
flag set, ie. r.x.flags & 1), and give up if that returns a failure.
Otherwise it will interpret all network drives (which don't support the DOS
substitution commands) as being mapped onto a: but with that change in place
it seems to work ok for me. It would be useful if as many people as possible
could try this out in a networked environment, though, and under different
OS variants, as it would be a shame if we accidentally lost any drives that
are supposed to be valid :-)

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."