Re: [AD] SVGAlib driver

George Foot <george.foot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Looking in the SVGAlib src I found:

	int __svgalib_nosigint = 0;
	/* Don't generate SIGINT in graphics mode */

So that little problem is solved.  Finally!

> I think though the reason could be that SVGAlib puts the
> keyboard into a different mode, causing those keys to send

I am fairly sure it doesn't (I tested it yesterday, but can't exactly
what I did).

> I think this could all get more complicated, as we use sigaction
> for our important signal trapping (e.g. console switching).  On
> that note, SVGAlib has its own console switching system built
> in, and I think it works in roughly the same way as ours, so it
> seems to me that there's a high chance of clashes here.

Theoretically there *ought* to be clashes, as SVGAlib is also using
SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 for console switching (the same signals).  It
seems to work without problems, except that SVGAlib is taking control
of the switching, so `set_display_switch_mode' et al. have no effect.
This might need to be fixed, if anyone can be bothered.  The SVGAlib
driver is ``secondary'' anyway, so probably not. :)

It's been a remarkably good day, for a Wednesday :)

Bye.
Peter
--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/~tjaden/
"The closer I get the worse it becomes..." - Nine Inch Nails