Re: [AD] fbcon patch, for mode timings

George Foot <mert0407@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Maybe we can detect that though -- if the vsync rate would be
> astronomical, we're probably meant to be doublescanning, and if it would
> be very low we're probably meant to be interlacing.

That seems plausible, but I can't help thinking that we ought to be able
to get this info somewhere else. I don't hugely like the idea of
duplicating it in the Allegro config files.

> Maybe someone who knows more about video hardware can comment --
> and perhaps describe or implement an algorithm to guess
> appropriate timings automatically?

linux-fbdev@xxxxxxxxxx would be a good place to ask. I've had a
look for some docs, but can't find any simple "here's how you set a WxH
video mode on any hardware" type explanation, so I think it is about time
they were prodded into writing one :-)

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."