Re: [AD] fbcon patch, for mode timings

George Foot <mert0407@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This patch makes the fbcon driver able to tweak the mode timings
> when it sets a video mode.

Excellent! I take it that you got fbset working, then?

> I think I'm going to make the setup program auto-convert information
> from fb.modes, maybe provide a dotclock probing system, and probably
> provide an equivalent of xvidtune.

How hard would it be to make Allegro read fb.modes directly at runtime? I
think that would be nicer than having to duplicate that information in
both config files, and this way people would only ever have to tune their
system once (if you wrote an xvidtune equivalent, it would affect fbset
and any other fbcon programs as well as just Allegro).

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."