Re: [AD] More Unix patches

George Foot <george.foot@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 07:07:33AM +0700, Michael Bukin wrote:
> > If program uses SYSTEM_AUTODETECT, then library tries to use X-Windows
> > system driver first, which tries to open display connection.  If that
> > fails, then library tries next system driver.
>
> OK, but you need to make it fail sometimes. :)

I'm not sure how to do that.  Perhaps, it can be done with
allegro.cfg, but I don't see any code for this.

> > Maybe we should add option in configure script for choosing which
> > system driver should be tried first?
>
> Maybe, but the Linux one won't often fail (except on non-Linux
> machines) I don't think.

Does it require SUID root on executable?  Then we can put console
system driver first and make it fail if executable is not SUID root.
But X-Windows DGA graphics driver will require SUID root too, there
should be some way to skip console driver then (allegro.cfg?).

--
Michael Bukin