Re: [AD] More Unix patches

On Mon, Jun 21, 1999 at 07:07:33AM +0700, Michael Bukin wrote:
> If program uses SYSTEM_AUTODETECT, then library tries to use X-Windows
> system driver first, which tries to open display connection.  If that
> fails, then library tries next system driver.

OK, but you need to make it fail sometimes. :)

> Users can disable either X-Windows or console (or both) versions when
> building.  For disabling X-Windows version use '--without-x' configure
> switch (not in all3918), for console version there is no support in
> configure script yet.

I had a look but couldn't work out the syntax well enough to see
how to add this, sorry.  I just about managed to put in the
MAYBE_ALLEGRO_LINUX_FILES. :)  I don't seem to have any docs for
autoconf, either.

> Maybe we should add option in configure script for choosing which
> system driver should be tried first?

Maybe, but the Linux one won't often fail (except on non-Linux
machines) I don't think.

--
george.foot@xxxxxxxxxx

ko cilre fi la lojban  --  http://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/lojban/