Re: [translations] Current translation environment

On Fri, Apr 30 2021 at 10:09:30 +0200, Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@xxxxxxx> wrote:
* Walter Garcia-Fontes, walter.garcia@xxxxxxx [28/04/21 16:35]:
* Federico Bruni, fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [28/04/21 16:32]: > > Great, thank you, so I understand the current sources still > > compile with the same lilidev image that I have from some years > > ago (I will of course update it), right? > > > Honestly, I don't know. Try and let me know if you have problems :-) > > Do you work on Linux? > Do you know which version of LilyDev are you running? > > The latest LilyDev on Github doesn't have the image for > Windows and Mac users. File uploading to Github server is > too slow and unreliable.. I have another solution in mind, > as soon as I find some spare time. Yes, I work on Linux. I will try and report.
Another question: What is the procedure now to contribute translations? Create a fork of the translation branch and a pull request?

Translators who have push access keep pushing to translation branch as they used to do before (without using Gitlab merge requests). They test their patches on their computer.

You are probably the only one who send patch files in this mailing list for others (usually Jean-Charles) to test and push. This is not the best workflow, I guess. Maybe sending patches through Gitlab would be a good method for you (and Jean-Charles): no risk of losing patches; automatic build.

I think there are two issues though:

1. IIRC by default a merge request tries to merge a commit into master, so you'll have to change the target branch to translation when submitting a MR. I'm not 100% sure. Jonas in Cc will confirm.

2. Remember that translators are not watching MR on Gitlab. If you have some troubles, you'll have to mention us (Jean-Charles or me or whoever is available) in the MR; or send a message in this list.