[translations] Testing a Gitlab MR for translations

Dear team, I know I've been pretty absent. Sorry!

Well. I have:

Created Gitlab account.
Forked project.
Cloned repo.
Created translation branch.
  $ git checkout translation
Changed something, commited and pushed.
  $ git push
Created merge request against lilypond:translation

TBH I created the MR against lilypond:master but you can edit it afterwards.

I don't see the need to create yet another branch in your local repo to translate on it, because you are pushing to your fork anyway.

What's more, I don't see the need to create a translation branch, because again, you are pushing to your fork.

Whoever is going to accept the merge, could find it useful and/or safe to have a separate translation branch for translations, but we could hypothetically request a merge to lilypond:master and we already have a security net, with a similar effect to what we had before. No need to have a double/triple security net with so many branches.

In fact, you create a MR and it is made to master by default. You have to chante it to translation in the web, manually.

Anyway, hope all is OK. Thanks!
--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
Tutoriales de LilyPond y Frescobaldi