Re: [translations] Catalan translation

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@xxxxxxx> wrote:
* Federico Bruni, fede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [17/12/17 08:54]:
 1. you did not commit the changes which fixed the errors
 2. or you committed the fixes without using the --amend option, so
 two patch files are generated and you shared only the first patch
 (not the second containing the fixes)

(but you should use `git commit --amend` and send a single patch file)

Thanks Federico,

I think there is another thing I'm doing wrong. Let me explain my
steps and see if we can figure where I'm screwing up.

Once I compile in my branch and I'm sure the compilation finishes
without any errors and I revise the logs and I only see the snippets
and repeated nodes warnings, I do the following. I commit my changes,
I checkout the translation branch and "git pull" to make sure it is up
to date. It was for this patch. I went back to my branch, and I
issued:

git format-patch origin

These created to my surprise:

No surprise, you should specify the remote branch you want to compare to. In your case it's translation:

git format-patch origin/translation

The syntax is:

git format-patch <since>

which will generate all the patch files of commits following <since>.
Note that origin and origin/translation point to different commits, as you can see with these commands:

git show origin
git show origin/translation