Re: [translations] Catalan translation

* Jean-Charles Malahieude, lilyfan@xxxxxxxxx [16/12/17 12:05]:
> Le 16/12/2017 à 10:29, Walter Garcia-Fontes a écrit :
> > Thanks Jean Charles,
> >
> > It looks that no matter how long I work in this (it has been already 5
> > or 6 years), I never get to produce clean patches all the time. I swear I
> > revised the logs and, apart from the snippets warnings, I couldn't see
> > any of these errors. And the compilation finished without any
> > errors.
>
> That's right,  but in NR 2.1.1 – Referències per a música vocal, if
> you click on
>
> Manual de aprenentatge: Elaborar cançons senzillas.
>
> you'll notice that
> /learning/elaborar-cancons-senzillas.ca.html#elaborar-can_00e7ons-senzillas
> doesn't exist. Note that the spelling differs with the first item
> (Gairebé tots els estils de música vocal utilitzen text escrit com a
> lletra. Hi ha una introducció a aquesta notació a Elaborar cançons
> senzilles.)
>
> Here is the tail of Documentation/ca/notation.bigtexi.log:
>
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expressions' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Elaborar cançons senzillas' in book learning.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Música vocal' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Keep contexts alive' in book notation.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Música vocal' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Chord notacion' in book notation.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Chord notacion' in book notation.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Música vocal' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Música vocal' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Música vocal' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Música vocal' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Modifying context plugins' in book notation.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Expressions' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Altures' in book snippets.
> WARNING: Unable to find node 'Arpegi' in book internals.
>
> I don't care about warnings dealing with "book snippets" or "book
> internals".
>
> 'Modifying context plugins' in book notation. This is normal since
> it hasn't yet been translated; same case for 'Keep contexts alive'.
>
> But book learning has been translated… I must have skidded on the keyboard!
>

> > The trailing white spaces are also puzzling, I use emacs and I
> > errors. The trailing white spaces are also puzzling, I use emacs and I
> > have configured all possible controls to avoid that.
> >

> I've added this line in my .emacs:
>
> (add-hook 'before-save-hook 'delete-trailing-whitespace)

Thanks, the error is clear.

What I wonder is why I don't see it when I
finish the compilation. I'm translating complete
chapters, so as it's normal that I get a lot of
errors  when I start compiling. For those the
compilation  aborts until I clean all of them.
I keep revising  the logs until I don't see any
more and the compilation  finishes without any
error. Then, just in case, the build tree and
compile everythingfrom scratch. At this point
I don't see any error. But still, I send the
patches and the errors pop again and I look stupid
as if I didn't revise my logs.

I also have that line in my .emacs since long ago.

But don't worry, I will persist, I'm not too far
away of finishing this translation.

Best and thanks,
Walter

--