Re: [translations] More Catalan translations

Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@xxxxxxx> writes:

> * David Kastrup, dak@xxxxxxx [29/01/17 17:45]:
>> Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> > I must be doing something wrong with my git commands, I remember I
>> > corrected those in my branch before generating the patch (with "git
>> > format-patch origin"), and I made sure I was not getting any compiling
>> > errors before generating the patch file. But still, it looks like these
>> > corrections were not introduced in the patch, to embarrass me once
>> > again.
>>
>> You likely had not committed your last changes to the branch.
>>
>> Doing something like
>>
>> git commit --amend
>>
>> without using -a or without having done "git add" of the respective
>> files immediately before committing can cause that.
>>
>> Do
>> git diff HEAD
>> before git format-patch to make sure you don't have uncommitted changes.
>
> Thanks David,
>
> That's exactly it, very stupid on my part.

I find git's index/cache/staging area very convenient for structuring a
large change into logical and coherent commits.

This convenience comes at a cost, and other version control systems have
chosen _not_ to implement something similar.

So I would not call this "very stupid".  Happens regularly to me as
well, and I notice only when doing that final git diff (and usually also
git log -p) before actually pushing.

--
David Kastrup