Re: [translations] Stuck with an error in Priority III Catalan translation

Walter Garcia-Fontes <walter.garcia@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm stuck with the files suggested to compile priority III Catalan
> translation. I get the error in the "usage" directory, where basically
> I have translated usage.tely plus usage/running.itely and
> usage/updating.itely.
>
> The error I get is the typical suggesting some not closed bracket,
> namely I get in usage.texi2pdf.log:
>
> /usage.texi:15: Paragraph ended before
> \documentlanguagetrywithoutunderscore was complete.
> <to be read again>
>                    \par
> l.15
>
> ?
> ./usage.texi:15: Emergency stop.
>
> which I solved in the past in another similar cases by finding and
> fixing some unclosed bracket. But this time I revised the hell out of
> me these three files and can find any unclosed  bracket. As I keep
> looking without giving up, if anybody can take a look, I very much
> would appreciate it. You can find my set of patches in:
>
> http://puna.upf.edu/catalan_priorityIII.zip
>
> which I'm applying against the translation branch.

In usage.texi I read

@documentlanguage ca

without a corresponding language support file tex/txi-ca.tex.  Taking a
look at
<URL:http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/?root=texinfo>, it
would appear that Catalan is not yet supported by Texinfo.  I suggest
doing something like taking the txi-fr.tex file and translating it into
txi-ca.tex.  You might want to contribute it to the Texinfo project as
well as placing it into LilyPond in order to avoid having to maintain it
separately forever.

It's possible that other Texinfo components are in need of Catalan
versions, but I have not really investigated.

--
David Kastrup