[translations] Re: Doorst: Issue 1503 in lilypond: Feature request: simplify jazz chord display

2011/11/9 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@xxxxxxx>:
> Hi Francisco,
>
> Referring to bug
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1503
>
> posted by Maestraccio which was prompted after we met at
> T-DOSE last year, there is now a translation request.
>
> Maestraccio is willing to do the translation bit, how do
> we get him going?
>
> Greetings,
> Jan
>
> Maestraccio writes:
>
>> Hallo Jan,
>>
>> Vorig jaar op T-Dose spraken we elkaar over de akkoordenweergave in Lilypond, en nu ligt er vertaalwerk klaar.
>> Ik voel me geroepen om dit op me te nemen maar heb nooit eerder zoiets gedaan.
>> Kun jij me de weg wijzen hoe ik (tabula rasa) hieraan begin?
>
> [English]
> Hi Jan,
>
> Last year at T-Dose we talked about chord representation in LilyPond and
> now there's translation work.  I would like to do this but never did
> something like this before.  Can you show me how I (tabula rasa) get
> started?

Right. I should understand this contributor wants to translate
documentation parts into Dutch? We have a contributor guide,

  lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor.pdf (interesting
pages are #60 on)

and it basically says that you should download our source code, edit
texinfo files and submit them to the team.

Translations should be maintained, that means in a second stage it
would be fine if you learned git, our version control system, to be
able to grab latest sources easily and format patches that are easy to
apply for us.  If this is too much work, it is fine that you just send
us translated files and I will apply them.

The ultimate goal for an active translator is to be able to check for
himself whether his files make translated documentation compile well,
for example that every cross reference is not a dead link, and that is
only possible in a Linux environment with _lots_ of software
dependencies.

For now, I think the fastest path is to learn as soon as possible
which @-commands of texinfo you have to translate, and which you have
not to.

Thanks for your offer,