[translations] Re: Bad objects

2011/9/16 Yoshiki Sawada <sawada.yoshiki@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thank you for applying my patch to "lilypond/translation".
>
> I re-checked the titles of the master branch to make sure that
> 3 documents for which I have updated committish did not changed.

In the future, if a file gives a 'bad object' message, I think I could
temporarily set its committish to an old tag and push the change so
that it doesn't block the build of translation status.  That would
make the file look very outdated but that would encourage the owner to
update the file and/or the committish more soon than later.

Alternatively I could just warn the owner(s) as I just did, then wait
some hours or days.  I'm fine with either as long as we are not in
rush.  The latter looks more polite, provided that the implied
translators are available, and the former is more practical, and not
harmful in any case.  Opinions?