Re: [translations] snippets in LM

2011/7/11 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Il giorno dom, 10/07/2011 alle 16.22 -0600, Carl Sorensen ha scritto:

>> > I'm not sure of what you are asking...
>>
>> There were one or more commits pushed to the lilypond/translations branch
>> that did what you wanted.  All I need is the SHA1 ID of each of those
>> commits.  Then I can pull the commits directly, rather than trying to apply
>> patches you've made, which are less likely to work.
>>

> Sorry, I still can't understand.
> Are you talking about my commits?  My commits were not pushed to
> lilypond/translation so IIUC they are useless for you.

Right, they are useless because he is not applying patches directly to
2.14 that are not previously committed to master or
lilypond/translation (I think this is wise enough). However, as 2.14
and lilypond/translation have diverged and those snippets have some
blank lines removed in one branch, the very same patch (or commit)
does not apply both to branches lilypond/translation and 2.14.

So, after all, maybe the only way we have for applying those changes
to both branches would be to apply normally to lilypond/translation
and then to craft a patch which takes care of those conflicting blank
lines and ask Carl to apply it directly on 2.14.  Tricky and risky.

This can be done by checking remotes/stable/2.14 out,
saving/renaming/backing the files up, and making a patch from the
result.  Indeed it looks tricky and risky! but let's remember this is
only a matter of conflicting blank lines.

>> When you're done, please don't make a patch.  Just give me the commit IDs.
>>

> Too late :)
> I've just made a new patch for the snippets.
> I've reverted, pulled, added again my it/texidoc files, run makelsr.py
> and committed the edited snippets.

If this applies to lilypond/translation, please push it and give Carl
the resulting ID of the commit.  Trying to port that onto 2.14 could
cause conflicts but at least we have something done.