Re: [translations] snippets in LM

2011/7/11 Francisco Vila <paconet.org@gmail.com>
So, after all, maybe the only way we have for applying those changes
to both branches would be to apply normally to lilypond/translation
and then to craft a patch which takes care of those conflicting blank
lines and ask Carl to apply it directly on 2.14.  Tricky and risky.

I thought that the blank lines were removed on lilypond/translation (if I pull),
but I didn't check.

This can be done by checking remotes/stable/2.14 out,
saving/renaming/backing the files up, and making a patch from the
result.  Indeed it looks tricky and risky! but let's remember this is
only a matter of conflicting blank lines.

>> When you're done, please don't make a patch.  Just give me the commit IDs.
>>

> Too late :)
> I've just made a new patch for the snippets.
> I've reverted, pulled, added again my it/texidoc files, run makelsr.py
> and committed the edited snippets.

If this applies to lilypond/translation, please push it and give Carl
the resulting ID of the commit.  Trying to port that onto 2.14 could
cause conflicts but at least we have something done.

??
I don't have push access.

I think it's better not to rush, as Carl said.
Also, hopefully I'll get soon the review of .texidoc files from the proofreader.
I'll make new patches.

Maybe meeting on IRC or google chat one of these nights could help.
It could be a good chance for me to do some other steps in understanding Git (I really need it).

Anyway, if it's too complicated I don't care about cherry-picking to 2.14.
Italian translation is far from being complete so I'd rather work on 2.15.

Thanks,
Federico