Re: [translations] Translation of "top" and broken link

Le 26/02/2011 18:45, Francisco Vila disait :
Hello all,

I have a problem.  My links to manuals point to a translation of
"top", namely "arriba.es.html" for learning and others, see

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/web/manuals.es.html

When comparing my files with others which do work, eg French
index.fr.html#top or German index.de.html#top, I can not spot the
difference. Any clue?

I have identified and resolved this problem in May 2010:

in the file LL/web.texi around line 77, you have

@c TITLE PAGE
@ifnottex
@node Arriba  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE IT THE CULPRIT
@top LilyPond... notación musical para todos
@translationof Top
@end ifnottex

when others have

@c TITLE PAGE
@ifnottex
@node Top <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE IS THE GOOD GUY
@top LilyPond... la notation musicale pour tous
@translationof Top
@end ifnottex

Besides: does anyone know if we are using Documentation/po/*.po files
for anything useful?

It normally is used to localize variable names and comments in the snippets. I remember having pledged for some "harmonization" of the variable names (sop sopran soprano) and the splitting of sentences when there is a comment over several lines, but... In the past, it used to provide translation of node names as well, but since they are now translated "inline"... it might be worth to exclude their collect, what I'm unable to do.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles