Re: [translations] Web-it update patch

2010/11/22 John Mandereau <john.mandereau@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Il giorno lun, 22/11/2010 alle 08.47 +0100, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
>> Last question: I tried to pull and saw the conflict in
>> it/web/community.itexi.
>> I've fixed my file, then 'git add file' and 'git commit -a'.
>> It seems fine, but this output is OK?
>>
>> fede@debian:~/lilypond-git$ git status
>> # On branch lilypond/translation
>> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/lilypond/translation' by 2 commits.
>> #
>> nothing to commit (working directory clean)
>>
>> My branch is ahead of origin by 2 commits... What does it mean?
>> Is it normal?
>
> Could you send the output of first three commits from "git log -p"? This
> will give more precise information than what Francisco requested.

True and not true. 'git log -p' gives a detailed log in patch form,
but IMO (if an opinion is possible here at all) 'git diff origin'
shows how your branch differs from origin, which 'git log' doesn't.  I
could be wrong, but Federico asked about the fact that his branch was
ahead of origin by two commits.