Re: [translations] committing priority 1 files

Le jeudi 05 novembre 2009 à 11:07 +0100, Federico Bruni a écrit :
> I've realized that I've updated the translated files to version 2.13
> (well, that's why there were so many changes.. more than I thought at
> first glance to the diffs).
> The misleading hint was the fact that each file starts with:
> @c \version "2.12.0"
>
> So I thought it was the doc for version 2.12

It means syntax of ly snippets in the documentation has not been updated
with convert-ly since 2.12.  To see the version of the sources you're
working on, see file VERSION.

> Anyway, isn't it better if I work on 2.13?

2.14 is expected to be released by the end of this year, so that's
reasonable.

> And please let me understand once for all (I have a huge mess in my
> mind): where is the stable documentation and where is the dev
> documentation?

If you mean the sources, read the whole Chapter 1 of the Contrib Guide,
it's quite short and will give you a good overview of where the sources
are located, and browse through the online Web repository; you'll see
that what you ask for is in stable/2.12 and master, respectively.

> I've added this branch, as described in the CG 2.13 (CG 2.12 was blank):
> git remote add -f -t lilypond/translation -m lilypond/translation
> origin git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git/

Ah yes, CG in 2.12 branch is quite crappy on translations; I'm not sure
it's worth fixing it.

> dedication.itely has been removed maybe?
> if so, you should also update the list in the CG

Done.

> Can I commit them?

Yes, but don't forget Documentation/po/it.po.

Best,
John