Re: [tablatures] TAB-guide

Am 08.12.2010 00:01, schrieb Patrick Schmidt:
[...]
Here is the promised file.
Hi Patrick,

I had a look at it now and changed so parts, see the blue lines and comments marḱed with %++ . I think this file is a great base to discuss and improve. Perhaps you should upload it to rietveld? So we can comment on it more easily without sending the whole file again and again...

Are the circled/triangled/squared fret numbers the official way for showing tappings? I have seen stuff like this, but it looked mostly very crude, and I think there will be spacing problems when tapping two adjacent strings simultaneously, but with smaller numbers, this
could be solved.

You mention a tab key at the end of your file. Do you mean something like

e--
b--
g--
D--
A--
E--

at the beginning of each tablature line?

I thought about it, and IMHO the definition of the string tunings won't allow for this in case of eb/d#, so a more elegant way would be to define the string tunings via pitches, not numbers relative to c.
For example

\set stringTunings = '(e,, a,, d, g, b, e)

would be easier from a user's point of view, and the piches could be easily used for a tab key.

Regards,

Marc

  I created it a while ago to find out how special (electric) guitar techniques can be typeset with LilyPond. The file is not complete so it actually does not exercise all of the tablature parts of LilyPond (sorry for that). It doesn't contain e.g. Marc's work on bendings but it does cover the new harmonics functions and a lot of playing techniques. BTW I found some small issues concerning tablature. I added some explanations and comments. In order to compile the file you need 2.13.41 in combination with http://codereview.appspot.com/2723043/ .

HTH,

patrick