Re: [tablatures] Tablature Feature Request Examples - Part 2

Carl Sorensen schrieb:

On 1/5/10 7:54 AM, "David Stocker" <dstocker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are more examples of usage in guitar tablature. I realize that some
of these are complex. The reason I put down some more complex examples
is so that those doing the coding for this may see potential problems
early on and be able to leave the code open-ended and flexible enough
handle more complex scenarios in the future. In this way, I hope that as
more features are implemented, a re-write of existing code won't be
necessary in order to accommodate them.

Looking at this example, I'm more convinced that bend should be a property
of a note.
Not a spanner?
 The numbers above the staff on the tablature should be
TabNoteHeads, not part of a bend graphic.  The bend graphic should connect
the TabNoteHeads.  And in the regular staff, the bend graphic should connect
the NoteHeads.
Ah, I think I understand. As a beam connects multiple notes which are
coded seperately, the bend engraver connects different notes by use of pointed slurs
or arrows and changes the tab note head into a number, depending on the
first note of the "bend beam".
I guess there will need to be some kind of merge command for the
tabNoteHeads if they have the same amount of bend.
Hm, perhaps this is not necessary, because the position of the bend number
is fixed, so in the worst case, we'll have two identical numbers positioned
exactly on the same spot.

Marc
Thanks for the examples, David.

Carl