Re: [tablatures] Re: ukulele fretboards

On 11/24/09 8:19 AM, "Matt Corks" <mvcorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:05:03PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>> This bug has been fixed in git.
>
> That was fast!  Thanks, Carl.
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 01:16:55PM +0100, Valentin Villenave wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> by the way: you might want to share your ukulele presets on the
>> LilyPond Snippet Repository:
>> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/html/contributing.html
>
> Yep, I was just waiting until I'd finished entering all the chords.
> That's now complete: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1=649
> <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=649>
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:58:19AM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>> Actually, once they get completed, they should be added to the
>> distribution and documentation.
>>
>> I'll be happy to make that happen.
>
> That was going to be my next question.  I believe I've entered all the
> necessary chords now (I left out things like minor 9th chords, since
> there are a few variations out there for these, and besides they're not
> in the set of predefined guitar fretboards).  The complete list is now
> on LSR and my personal website (URL above).

We also need a blurb to go in the documentation somewhere (probably in the
fret diagrams section) that mentions the presence of
predefined-ukulele-fretboards.

> As I mentioned before, would it also be possible to get the set of
> standard ukulele tunings added?  Again, these are:
>
>   ukulele-tuning            g'c'e'a'
>   ukulele-d-tuning          a'd'f#'b'
>   ukulele-tenor-tuning      gc'e'a'
>   ukulele-baritone-tuning   dgbe'

Please convert these to the proper scheme commands, and I'll add them to
output-lib.  As a temporary workaround, you could add them at the top of
predefined-ukulele-fretboards.

> And if the documentation could standardize on "ukulele" instead of a
> mix of that spelling and "ukelele", well, that would be even better :)

I hope we can fix that.

> Thanks for all your help.  I've managed to transcribe a few songs using
> these fretboards, now I just need to learn to play them!

You're welcome!

Thanks,

Carl