Subject: TAB question
------------------------

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/12/30
To: lilypond-user@xxxxxxx

"Trevor Daniels" <t.daniels@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Note: Harmonics must be defined inside a chord construct even if
> there is only a single note."

Thanks.
While on the topics of TABs,

 \relative c' {
   \new TabStaff {
     \new TabVoice {
       c4 d c e8 e |
       c4 d e2 |
     }
   }
 }

Shouldn't the 'e2' be rendered without a stem?

-- Johan

----------
From: Trevor Daniels <t.daniels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/12/31
To: lilypond-user@xxxxxxx, Johan Vromans <jvromans@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Johan Vromans wrote Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:20 PM It would seem
so, but what do people who know about
tabs think?

Trevor
----------
From: Johan Vromans <jvromans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/12/31
To: lilypond-user@xxxxxxx

AFIK there are two kinds of TABs. The simple kind just has numbers to
indiciate string positions. This is used in ASCII TABs. Notes do not
have length information.

The other kind, as used by LilyPond, attaches stems to the numbers,
just like ordinary notes. In the OP example there are quarter notes
(with a simple stem), eight notes (with a flagged stem) and a half
note that I would expect to have no stem.

-- Johan