Re: [frogs] Guitar capo code in scheme

On 7/25/11 3:34 PM, "Wols Lists" <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25/07/11 22:28, Jan Warchoł wrote:
>> I get it too...
>> I tried inserting random parentheses, but it didn't work.

Random parentheses *never* work in Scheme; they only cause more problems.

In C++ it's possible to add parentheses without causing problems; in Scheme
every time you add a parenthesis you create a new evaluation.  In fact,
several of Wol's problems were extra parentheses.

>> I've uploaded your new patch set to Rietveld
>> (http://codereview.appspot.com/4800051), hopefully it will help in
>> pinpointing the problem with Scheme syntax.
>> My apologies for delay!
>>
>> thanks for your work!
>> Janek
>>
> Thanks.
>
> As always, the problem is finding time, I'm planning to delete most of
> the code and put it back line by line - taking a sort of "divide and
> conquer" to try and work out what's wrong. I just need a bit of time
> when I don't have the wife and grandkids after me :-)

Did my revised patch not get to you?  It works.  Please don't try to go
through line-by-line!  That would be a frustrating experience and a poor use
of your limited time.

I've reattached the patch to this email.  It should apply to master.

Thanks,

Carl