Re: [frogs] chord-name-engraver plus capo - schemeing away ...

On 8/29/10 2:34 PM, "Wols Lists" <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 28/08/10 19:02, Carl Sorensen wrote:
>> I'd recommend that a scheme function be written (part of chord-name.scm)
>> that takes two chord markups and an orientation, and spits out the
>> appropriate chord markup.  Then you can just call the chord name procedure
>> twice and the combiner once.
> Actually, wouldn't this be better in the markup functions? Write a
> generic function called combine-markup that just takes two markups, a
> flag to say next to each other or one above the other, and the gap (if
> any) between them.

There's already ly:stencil-combine-at-edge that does a combination of two
stencils.  See Notation Reference, A.17.

column and center-column can also be used to do the vertical alignment, and
line does the horizontal alignment.

Your function would call either one or the other of these, as well as
parenthesize, in order to combine the two chord names.

Thanks,

Carl