Re: [frogs] Another new tadpole?

Wols Lists wrote Sunday, August 08, 2010 10:43 PM

I've just joined the list too :-)

:)

I know I've tried to do stuff in the past, but my problem has been that I need some handholding to get started. I've got various things I want
to do, but my scheme-fu and C++fu is nil. Can people give me some
guidance on where and how to start? I'm an experienced programmer, but
my skills are C, databases and DataBasic.

Carl is the frog meister, but he's on vacation at the moment.
I expect to see him on the list soon, and I'm sure he'll
guide you along.

The current thing I'm after doing is adding a capo option to the
chordname engraver, but I've had a look at it (the engraver) and just can't see the wood for the trees. My next project after that would be a
fingering engraver for brass (valve and slide).

These sound like good additions.

I'm running lilypond over gentoo, so everything should build fine from
git, but I'm not sure it quite worked last time I tried a build.

You'll definitely need to build LilyPond from git to
work on engravers, so ...

Not quite sure where I go from here ...

.... refresh git and try another build.  I suggest
you do

make clean
../autogen.sh
make

and see if that gives you a working binary.  Make will take
quite a while, several hours probably.

Trevor