Re: [frogs] chord name engraver plus capo

 On 25/08/10 20:44, Neil Puttock wrote:
> On 25 August 2010 18:02, Wols Lists <antlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> How do I actually get hold of the property capoFret?
> get_property ("capoFret");
>
> You could do context ()->get_property ("...") but there's no need
> since get_property is overloaded for translators:
>
> this->get_property ("...")
>
> is equivalent to
>
> daddy_context_->get_property ("...")
>
> where daddy_context_ is the context where the engraver's defined
> (i.e., ChordNames).
>
>> And how do I combine the markups? I'm not going to bother with vertical
>> markup at the moment. That'll be easier once I've got to grips with the
>> rest of it.
> This is really something that should be done in scheme, since it's
> tedious in C++ to call markup commands (see clef-engraver.cc for a
> simple example using \vcenter).
>
> Ideally you'd get the formatting done in the existing chord name formatter.
This is actually the whole point of this change - afaict I *can't* use
the existing chord name formatter. Because I've got TWO chords that I'm
trying to print as two chords but one markup.

But thanks for the pointer to clef-engraver - I'll investigate. And
thanks for the property stuff.
> Cheers,
> Neil

Here's hoping it all works :-)