Re: [frogs] Building problems with latest git after git clone

Hi Patrick,

On 01/04/10 23:48, Patrick McCarty wrote:
Hi Ian,

On 2010-04-01, Ian Hulin wrote:
3. ian@nanny-ogg:~/usr/src/lilypond$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr
checking Package... LILYPOND
checking builddir... /home/ian/usr/src/lilypond
checking for stepmake... ./stepmake  (${datarootdir}/stepmake not found)
<snip...>
hecking for kpsewhich... kpsewhich
checking for guile-config... guile-config
configure: WARNING: cannot execute guile-config
checking if we are cross compiling... checking echo no guile-config
version...
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
checking guile compile flags... exec: 6: /home/ian/bin/guile: not found

checking guile link flags... exec: 6: /home/ian/bin/guile: not found
This seems like a silly question, but did you run ./configure in the
same shell you used to uninstall Guile 1.9.9 with?

I'm asking because I occasionally see `/home/pnorcks/bin/blah: not
found' errors if I uninstall a program from $HOME/bin that I also have
installed elsewhere on my system (usually in /usr/bin).

Closing that shell and opening a fresh one before running a
$PATH-sensitive script like ./configure always works for me.

I'm hoping this will solve your problem.

Thanks Patrick, it wasn't quite that but I had a corrupted guile-config in /home/ian/bin/guile. Manually copying the version from the guile V1.8.7 kit directory sorted it.

Is there a safe way to do a parallel install of guile V1.9.x to test what compatibility's been broken without screwing up Lilypond development or is it only safe to use a virtual machine?

Thanks for the pointers.

Cheers,

Ian