Re: [frogs] Building problems with latest git after git clone

Hi Ian,

On 2010-04-01, Ian Hulin wrote:

> 3. ian@nanny-ogg:~/usr/src/lilypond$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr
> checking Package... LILYPOND
> checking builddir... /home/ian/usr/src/lilypond
> checking for stepmake... ./stepmake  (${datarootdir}/stepmake not found)
> <snip...>
> hecking for kpsewhich... kpsewhich
> checking for guile-config... guile-config
> configure: WARNING: cannot execute guile-config
> checking if we are cross compiling... checking echo no guile-config
> version...
> expr: syntax error
> expr: syntax error
> expr: syntax error
> checking guile compile flags... exec: 6: /home/ian/bin/guile: not found
>
> checking guile link flags... exec: 6: /home/ian/bin/guile: not found

This seems like a silly question, but did you run ./configure in the
same shell you used to uninstall Guile 1.9.9 with?

I'm asking because I occasionally see `/home/pnorcks/bin/blah: not
found' errors if I uninstall a program from $HOME/bin that I also have
installed elsewhere on my system (usually in /usr/bin).

Closing that shell and opening a fresh one before running a
$PATH-sensitive script like ./configure always works for me.

I'm hoping this will solve your problem.

Thanks,
Patrick