Re: [frogs] Re: Da Capos, Codas and Segnos

Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2010 18:07:11 schrieb Ian Hulin:
> Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been lurking a bit on this thread, but felt I should comment.
> >
> > I personally think we need a more general structure than \repeat will
> > ever be able to reasonably offer. Essentially, we need to be able to say
> > that a single movement/piece [of Lilypond code] consists of one or more
> > \section blocks, where a \section would have at least the following
> > independent

> >     1. indent value[s] and/or line lengths;
> >     2. section title (e.g. "Trio").
> >
> > Then, each section can or cannot include standard Lilypond \repeat
> > structures, as necessary.
>
> Would it work something like this
>
> \score {
>      \section {
>           %untitled music expressions
>       }
>      \section :#title "Trio" :#indent 1 {
>            %title Trio section music indented by 1 position
>       }
> }

Isn't this exactly the same as using different \score blocks in a file?
At least David's case of  multiple movements should be written with different
scores for each movement. I'm using different scores for different movements
all the time, they use the piece header property for the title, use proper
intendation, etc.

Each of these movements can have any repeat structure, of course.

Currently, we have the following hierarchy:

-) Book
-) Bookpart
-) Score

I think that suffices all scores. I haven't yet seen a work, where a movement
is further split into separate submovements that need to be scores by
themselves.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, reinhold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/