[frogs] Re: Da Capos, Codas and Segnos

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi all, I've been lurking a bit on this thread, but felt I should comment. I personally think we need a more general structure than \repeat will ever be able to reasonably offer. Essentially, we need to be able to say that a single movement/piece [of Lilypond code] consists of one or more \section blocks, where a \section would have at least the following independent options: 1. indent value[s] and/or line lengths; 2. section title (e.g. "Trio"). Then, each section can or cannot include standard Lilypond \repeat structures, as necessary. BTW: I'm *not* saying that Lilypond's \repeat structure shouldn't be improved -- I'm just suggesting that we might be looking at two different problems here. Cheers, Kieren. --- ---- Join the Frogs!
Would it work something like this \score { \section { %untitled music expressions } \section :#title "Trio" :#indent 1 { %title Trio section music indented by 1 position } } Cheers, Ian

Sent from the LilyPond Frogs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.